Graham Cracker-Coated Piecrust
Photography: Christopher Baker
Martha Stewart Living, June
Yield Makes one 10-inch single piecrust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 4 graham crackers, finely ground (1/2 cup)
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor to combine. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add the ice water a tablespoon at a time, and process just until dough holds together, no more than 30 seconds.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Flatten dough into a disc; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Spread crumbs on a clean work surface. Roll out dough on top of crumbs, coating both sides, into a 14-inch round about 1/8 inch thick. Gently fit dough into a 10-by-2-inch (1 1/2 quart) pie plate, and crimp edges as desired. Refrigerate shell at least 30 minutes before baking.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.