Pan-Seared Steak with Onion and Worcestershire
This delicious, reliable steak dinner uses just
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1 1/2-pound flank, sirloin, or skirt steak
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat a tablespoon vegetable oil. Season a steak with salt
and pepper, then cook until dark brown and
crusty, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare
(depending on thickness).
- While the steak rests, wipe the pan clean and heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Add onion, and cook until tender. Add Worcestershire sauce and tablespoon butter and toss to coat. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and top with chopped parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.