- 1 pound tomatillos (husks removed), washed and quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat), coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- In a food processor, combine tomatillos, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro with lime juice. Pulse until finely chopped; season with salt. Serve with chips, over seared fish, or with eggs.
Refrigerate tomatillos up to 1 week; remove the husks and wash off the sticky coating before using.