Grainy Mustard Sauce
Martha Stewart Living Television
Yield Makes about 3/4 cup
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add vinegar, wine, and thyme, and continue to cook until reduced by two-thirds. Add cream and reduce until thick. Whisk in remaining 8 tablespoons butter. Strain through a fine sieve. Fold in mustard, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.