Ease your way into the workweek with this meal made from leftover pot roast.
Everyday Food, January/February 2003
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head, Boston lettuce
- Leftover Pot Roast Recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/283780/pot-roast), thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion
- In boiling salted water, cook beans until tender, 8 minutes. Run under cold water to stop the cooking. In small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slowly add oil, whisking until emulsified. Stir in parsley.
- Toss lettuce, torn, with one-third of the dressing. Divide among 4 plates.
- Toss beans with another third dressing; add to plates.
- Toss pot roast slices and onion in remaining dressing, and mound on top of plates.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.