Sauteed Peas and Red Onion
Photography: Anna Williams
Everyday Food, December 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium. Add onion, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until onion begins to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas; cover skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until peas are warmed through and tender, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add remaining tablespoon butter; stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.