Herb Infused Potatoes
Try experimenting with other kinds of potatoes, but be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1998
- 6 Idaho potatoes
- 30 sprigs fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano, or bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Homemade Chicken Stock Homemade Chicken Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/261561/homemade-chicken-stock), or low-sodium canned chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the potatoes. Using a paring knife, cut a slit two-thirds of the way through one of the potatoes. Make parallel slits, spacing an inch apart. Repeat process with remaining five potatoes.
- Insert an herb sprig into each slit, holding the slit open with the paring knife. Place potatoes in a medium roasting pan; drizzle with chicken stock and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes turn golden, about 30 minutes. Cover, and bake until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve hot.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.