This mint sorbet is courtesy of Jehangir Mehta of Graffiti Food and Wine Bar and is used to make Watermelon Feta Salad.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 4 cups loosely packed mint leaves
- 1 cup Simple Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/284138/simple-syrup), plus more as needed
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot; prepare an ice-water bath and set aside. Add mint leaves to boiling water for about 30 seconds; drain and immediately transfer mint to ice-water bath. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Transfer mint leaves to the jar of a blender along with simple syrup; puree until smooth. Add more simple syrup, if desired.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Keep frozen in an airtight container until ready to use, up to 3 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.