Ice Cream Bombe
Use any flavors you wish in this layered ice cream mold.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2005
- 2 pints black currant sorbet
- 1 raspberry sorbet
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream Vanilla Ice Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/263597/vanilla-ice-cream), or prepared
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- Place a 7 1/2-cup capacity mold and one medium mixing bowl into freezer. Transfer all sorbets and ice cream from freezer to refrigerator until slightly soft, about 1 hour.
- Place black-currant sorbet into chilled mixing bowl. Stir to a spreadable consistency. Remove mold from freezer. Using a rubber spatula, coat the sides of mold with sorbet, making about a 1-inch-thick layer. Return mold and clean mixing bowl to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place raspberry sorbet in chilled mixing bowl. Stir to a spreadable consistency. Remove mold from freezer. Pack raspberry sorbet over black currant, about 3/4-inch thick. Return mold and clean mixing bowl to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place vanilla ice cream in chilled mixing bowl. Stir until spreadable. Remove mold from freezer. Fill remaining space with vanilla ice cream. Using a rubber spatula, smooth ice cream.
- To serve, place a serving plate upside down on top of the mold. Holding plate against mold, invert both. Place a hot wet kitchen towel over the mold. Remove the mold, and serve immediately, garnished with fresh berries.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.