World's Best Mac and Cheese
It's a bold claim, but this mac n' cheese from Kurt Beecher Dammeier's Pure Flavor cookbook might be the world's best.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
- Butter or vegetable oil, for baking dish
- 6 ounces penne
- 2 cups Beecher's Flagship Cheese Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/256527/beechers-flagship-cheese-sauce)
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce Gruyere cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter or oil and 8-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook penne, according to package direction, for 2 minutes less than recommended on the package. Rinse pasta in cold water; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cooked pasta and sauce gently but thoroughly. Pour pasta into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with cheeses and chile powder. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.