This may seem like a lot of garlic, but it softens and mellows as it cooks.
- 1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 small red potatoes (about 9 ounces), unpeeled, quartered
- 6 cipolline or pearl onions (about 4 ounces), peeled and quartered
- 10 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 piece of parchment paper, 24 inches long
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Squeeze the juice from one lemon half into a bowl. Slice the other half thinly and add to the bowl along with remaining ingredients; toss.
- Fold parchment in half, cut into a half-heart shape, and open. Arrange vegetables 2 to 3 inches from the crease. Fold the other half of parchment over the ingredients. Make small overlapping folds to seal the edges, starting at the top of the heart.
- Two inches from the end, twist the parchment twice, gently but firmly, to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, open packet, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.