Broiled Salmon with Spinach-and-Feta Saute
This recipe was contributed by Ruth Estfon of Palm Harbor, Florida.
Everyday Food, March 2008
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bags (5 ounces each) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled (2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Broil until opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add as much spinach as will fit; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing spinach and adding more to skillet as space becomes available, until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; drain off excess liquid. Stir in feta, pine nuts, and lemon juice. Serve salmon with spinach saute.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.