Roast Pork Loin With Mushrooms and Tomatoes
In step 2, you can use a tablespoon of mild chili powder in place of the cumin and coriander.
Everyday Food, November 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 4
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1 pound small button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 (2 1/4 pounds) boneless pork loin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and move mixture to sides of pan (leaving center free).
- Sprinkle pork with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin, coriander, and oregano, rubbing mixture in. Place pork in center of pan.
- Roast until meat registers 160 degrees.on an instant-read thermometer and mushrooms are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Cut off a third (10 ounces) of the pork loin, and set aside for making Pressed Pork sandwiches. Slice remaining pork, and serve with tomatoes, mushrooms, and any pan juices.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.