Spicy Sweet Potatoes
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), scrubbed well
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; slice each half into 3 wedges. Place in a medium bowl, and toss with oil, cumin, paprika, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Transfer to oven; roast until potatoes are crisp and golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Turn, and continue roasting until golden all over, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; season with salt and pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.