Oranges with Olives, Parsley, and Paprika
Nicoise olives add a delicate saltiness to oranges.
Photography: Reed Davis
Martha Stewart Living
- 4 navel oranges
- 1/4 cup Nicoise olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more leaves for garnish
- Peel oranges: Using a sharp knife, slice off both ends. Carefully slice downward following the curve of the fruit to remove rind and pith. Slice each orange crosswise into about six rounds, arranging them in overlapping rows on a serving plate. Sprinkle with olives.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika and lemon juice; whisk in oil. Add chopped parsley, and stir to combine. Drizzle dressing over oranges and olives; garnish with parsley leaves, then serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.