Creamy Fettuccine with Asparagus
Everyday Food, May 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese log, broken into pieces
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill leaves
- 3/4 pound fettuccine (or other thick-stranded pasta)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast pine nuts, stirring often, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente, according to package instructions, adding asparagus during last 5 minutes of cooking. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water; drain.
- Return pasta, asparagus, and reserved pasta water to the pot. Toss with goat cheese, mustard, dill, and toasted pine nuts. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.