Baked Stuffed Apricots
Amaretti cookies vary in size; what's important for this recipe is that the crushed cookies yield one cup.
Photography: GENTL & HYERS
Martha Stewart Living, June 1997
For the Garnish
- 4 ripe apricots, cut in half lengthwise, pits removed
- 8 amaretti cookies (3 to 4 ounces; plain biscotti can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place apricot halves in baking dish, cut-side up. Place cookies on a clean surface. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies into fine crumbs, and transfer to a small bowl. Add butter, brandy, and egg yolk, and, using a wooden spoon, mix to combine.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture into the cavity of each apricot half. Bake until the apricots are tender, 25 to 35 minutes, depending on the ripeness and size of apricots. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.