This recipe for pecan-praline is courtesy of chef Paul Bergeron.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
Yield Makes enough topping for two 9-inch pies
- Vegetable oil, for baking sheet
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole pecans, lightly toasted
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil; set aside.
- Mix together sugar and 1/4 cup water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cover and cook, without stirring, until an amber-colored syrup has formed, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add pecans. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet; let cool completely.
- When praline has cooled, coarsely chop praline. Praline should be kept in an airtight container at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.