Martha's Berry Little Cocktail
Have yourself a berry little cocktail. Stir up this light, bright drink with the tang of citrus and a splash of Champagne to add a festive fizz to your holiday bash. This delicious holiday spirit is adapted from the November/December issue of Blueprint magazine.
Photography: Charles Masters
The Martha Stewart Show, December Fall 2007
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 ounce ruby red grapefruit vodka, such as Charbay, chilled
- 2 ounces champagne, chilled
- 1 ounce cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 ounce black currant juice or blackberry puree, chilled
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, dissolve sugar into 1 1/2 cups water. Add cranberries and simmer until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain, discarding liquid, and place cranberries on a baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to freezer and chill at least 2 hours.
- Mix together vodka, Champagne, cranberry, and currant juice in a Champagne glass. Garnish with a skewer of 4 or 5 frozen cranberries. Reserve remaining cranberries for another drink.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.