Winter Spinach Salad
Currants or dried apricots can be substituted for the dried sour cherries, if you like.
Martha Stewart Living, February/March 1994
- 1 bunch spinach, preferably flat-leaf, roughly chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup dried sour cherries
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Combine spinach, cherries, scallions, apple slices, grapes, and walnuts. Whisk together vinegar and olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over salad; toss in cheese and arrange on salad plates.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.