Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 large red onions
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, combine onions, cut into 8 wedges each (trim core if pieces won't separate), thyme, and olive oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss to combine.
- Cover and cook over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until onions release their moisture, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; leave cover on, and cook onions until golden, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar; cook until syrupy, 1 to 2 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.