This delicious recipe for warm tofu is courtesy of En Japanese Brasserie.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- Homemade Tofu (http://www.marthastewart.com/257688/homemade-tofu)
- 1 cup Dashi (http://www.marthastewart.com/255362/dashi)
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup mirin
- .2 ounces bonito flakes
- Divide tofu evenly between six 6-by-6-by-3-inch tofu boxes; set aside.
- Place dashi, soy sauce, and mirin in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; add bonito flakes.
- Pour dashi mixture through a fine mesh sieve set over a medium bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Divide tofu in each box into 2 portions. Place each portion of tofu in a small bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture over each bowl of tofu; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.