Jerusalem Artichoke Vinaigrette
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 5 Jerusalem artichokes, washed and very thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, picked of leaves, stems reserved
- 1/3 cup sherry-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine Jerusalem artichokes, tarragon stems, and half of the vinegar. Add enough water to cover by about 1/2 inch. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a blender. Add just enough of the cooking liquid to puree until very smooth. Add reserved tarragon leaves, remaining vinegar, and shallots. Pulse to combine. Add either grapeseed oil or a little of the cooking liquid depending on the desired consistency.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.