Sauteed Bok Choy and Broccoli
Everyday Food, October 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 pound bok choy
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut white stalks from bok choy; slice into 1-inch pieces. Coarsely chop green leaves.
- Peel stalks from broccoli; slice 1/4 inch thick. Cut florets into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, boil 1/2 cup water. Add bok choy stalks and broccoli; cover. Simmer over medium-low until broccoli is bright green, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover; cook on high until water evaporates, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add bok choy leaves, oil, and garlic. Cook, tossing often, until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Press ginger in a sieve over skillet to release juices. Stir in soy sauce.
Recipe suggest canola oil rather than safflower oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.