Made from nature's basics -- grains, nuts, and fruits -- homemade granola is healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2007
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together apple juice, honey, brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Add oats, almonds, and pecan; toss until mixture is well combined and evenly moistened. Divide mixture between 2 baking sheets and transfer to oven. Bake, shaking pans occasionally, until light golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Transfer warm granola to a large bowl and stir in cherries and currants. Let cool completely; store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.