- 7 ounces Greek yogurt (whole milk or 2 percent)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chopped hearts of romaine lettuce
- Whole-wheat pita bread (optional)
- In a small sieve lined with a dampened paper towel and set over a bowl, drain the yogurt in the refrigerator until it is thick and has the consistency of soft cheese, about three hours.
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, mint, and salt and pepper in a small container with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate.
- In a large container with a tight fitting lid, place radishes, tomatoes, and cucumber; over vegetables with waxed paper, and then place lettuce on top of them. Cover the container and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove waxed paper, shake dressing to combine, and pour over salad. Add crumbled yogurt cheese; toss to combine. Serve with pita bread, if desired.
If you can't find Greek yogurt, substitute another yogurt. Or use a storebought yogurt cheese, feta, or a soft goat cheese. Keep the salad and dressing separate, and toss before serving.