Roasted Jumbo Prawns with Hot Pepper and Spiced Tomato Saltsa
This roasted jumbo prawn recipe is courtesy of chef Jim Botscaos and can be found in his cookbook, "The New Greek Cuisine."
The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- Spiced Tomato Saltsa (http://www.marthastewart.com/254555/spiced-tomato-saltsa)
- 24 jumbo prawns or shrimp, heads on, peeled, deveined, and tails intact
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hot Pepper Mix and Hot Pepper Bread Crumb Mix (http://www.marthastewart.com/254556/hot-pepper-mix-and-hot-pepper-bread-crum)
- Coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread enough of the salsa to evenly cover the bottom of a 16-by-10-by-2-inch baking dish. Season prawns with hot pepper mix and salt and place them, in a single layer, slightly overlapping, over the saltsa. Sprinkle with pepper-breadcrumb mixture. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and transfer to oven.
- Roast until prawns become pinkish-white in color and breadcrumbs are golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining olive oil; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.