Ginger Lime Fizz
The ginger syrup made in step one may be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to a week.
Martha Stewart Living, June 1999
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 liter seltzer or sparkling water
- Combine ginger and sugar with 4 cups water, or enough to cover, in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; stir until sugar dissolves completely. Continue to simmer about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature, at least 2 hours. Strain out the ginger, and discard.
- Combine the ginger syrup, lime juice, and seltzer in a pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.