Apricot-Basil Chicken Salad
The crunchy chicken-apricot salad can go from a ladies' luncheon to your picnic basket. As an appetizer, try it on top of crackers or toasted bread. This recipe is from reader Darlene Rose Cook of Corvallis, Oregon.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 teaspoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced (1/2 cup)
- 1 large celery stalk, diced small (1/2 cup), plus leaves
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced small
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic, paprika, and vinegar. Stir in chicken, almonds, onion, celery, apricots, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.