This great sidecar cocktail recipe was adapted from Jamie Oliver's cookbook "Happy Days with the Naked Chef."
- 6 tablespoons sugar, plus more for glasses
- Juice of 4 limes, plus 2 wedges for glasses and twists for garnish
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau
- Ice cubes
- Place sugar in a saucer. Moisten the rim of a martini glass using a lime wedge. Dip rim in sugar; repeat with second glass. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, stir together sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Stir in brandy, Cointreau, and lime juice. Fill with ice cubes, and shake well. Strain into prepared glasses, and serve with a lime twist.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.