Turn nutritional cabbage into a delicious salad with this recipe from actress Ellen Burstyn.
The Martha Stewart Show, January 2010
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber, preferably seedless
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Place cabbage, onion, cucumber, raisins, cilantro, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and garam masala. Drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.