Chai-Spiced Cider Punch
This great recipe for chai-spiced cider punch is from the October 2006 issue of Martha Stewart Living.
- 4 whole star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches
- 12 whole cloves
- 24 cardamom pods
- 1 piece (6 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups pure maple syrup
- 16 cups (1 gallon) apple cider
- 6 cups chilled seltzer
- Bring spices, ginger, syrup, and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Strain, and discard solids.
- Stir together spiced syrup and apple cider in a pitcher, and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Pour spiced cider into punch bowl; stir in seltzer.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.