Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
Yield Makes 20
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, (not quick-cooking)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in oats and almonds.
- Drop mixture by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Spray the underside of a metal spatula with nonstick cooking spray, and use to flatten cookies into 2 1/2-inch disks.
- Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets. (Handle with care; cookies are fragile.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.