Entertaining can be easy -- and good for you. These bites with lycopene-rich tomatoes and heart-healthy avocados are a virtuous and delectable cocktail party offering.
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
Yield Makes 16
- 1 small baguette (5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice baguette diagonally into sixteen 1/2-inch-thick slices; brush both sides with a total of olive oil. Bake on a baking sheet until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Halve avocado lengthwise and remove pit; scoop flesh into a small bowl. Mash with lemon juice; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spread on toasted bread; top with grape tomatoes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.