Martha shares one of her favorite recipes for rice pudding, one of Martha's 20 More Things Everyone Should Know.
The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2006
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, milk, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean; stir in orange zest and heavy cream. Rice pudding may be served at room temperature or chilled.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.