Killer Pecan Sticky Buns
Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
- Granny Foster's Refrigerator Rolls (http://www.marthastewart.com/257024/granny-fosters-refrigerator-rolls)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare half the recipe for Granny Foster's Refrigerator Rolls dough through step 5.
- Butter a 9-inch round glass baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and bourbon, and let soak until plumped, about 20 minutes.
- In a second small bowl, combine cinnamon, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and remaining 6 tablespoons butter; set aside.
- In a third small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, honey, and pecans. Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish; set aside.
- Roll dough into a 12-by-6-inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the cinnamon mixture evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Drain raisins, and sprinkle over cinnamon mixture. Beginning at the long side of the dough, roll it into a log. Place the log, seam-side down, on a clean work surface. Using a sharp knife, cut the log crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices, cut-sides down, to prepared baking dish (the slices should fit snugly). Set aside in a warm place, and allow to rise until slightly puffy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dish on a baking sheet with sides and bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean and buns are golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. While still warm, place a plate over baking dish. Invert baking dish to unmold. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.