- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, (about 14 limes), plus wedges for serving
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot sauce
- Small tostadas, for serving (optional)
- Combine fish, onion, and lime juice in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and marinate for about 8 minutes; drain, pressing into strainer to remove excess liquid. Return fish mixture to bowl. Stir in tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, and cilantro. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Serve immediately with tostadas and lime wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.