- 24 brown mini M&Ms plus, more for filling (optional)
- Hershey's Chocolate Cupcakes (http://www.marthastewart.com/255598/hersheys-chocolate-cupcakes)
- Dirty Green Simple Buttercream (http://www.marthastewart.com/255599/dirty-green-simple-buttercream)
- 12 chocolate sugar cones
- 1 pound black licorice laces, cut into 1/4-inch, 1/2-inch and 2-inch lengths
- 12 candy corns
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each cupcake, and fill with mini M&Ms, if desired.
- Cover the tops of each cupcake with a generous mound (about 1/3 cup) of buttercream. Insert one candy corn into each cupcake to form a nose. Using brown mini M&Ms, insert two into each cupcake to form eyes. Place two short lengths of licorice above the eyes to form eyebrows for the witch. Place the shorter licorice lengths above the eyebrows to form bangs. Place an inverted cone on top of bangs, pressing gently into buttercream to adhere. Place the longer licorice lengths under the cone hat to form the hair.