Summer-Squash Salad with Herbs and Pecorino Fresco
If you can find it, use Zephyr squash, which is yellow with a pale-green tip. You can also use a mix of young green and yellow squashes.
Martha Stewart Living, August
- 1 pound small young summer squashes (about 8), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (halved if large)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces pecorino fresco, crumbled (about 1 1/2 cups; www.murrayscheese.com)
- Toss together squashes, herbs, and oil in a large bowl; season with pepper. Add cheese; toss. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.