Seared Salmon on Rice with Brazilian Vinaigrette
This delicious salmon recipe is courtesy of Margot Olshan.
At her Connecticut cafe, Margot finishes this salmon dish in the oven. But for a home cook, finishing on the stove works best.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless salmon fillet (6 ounces), skin-on
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) baby spinach, washed well and dried
- 1/2 cup Brazilian Vinaigrette (http://www.marthastewart.com/254742/brazilian-vinaigrette)
- 2 tablespoons Chimichurra Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/254743/chimichurra-sauce)
- 2 lime wedges, for serving
- Coat salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add to a medium skillet set over medium-high heat, skin-side down. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn fish and continue cooking until fish is still pink in the center, but flakes apart easily with a fork, about 5 minutes.
- Divide spinach evenly between two serving plates; top with rice. Set salmon over rice. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette and 1 tablespoon chimichurra sauce over each piece of salmon; garnish each with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.