Buttered New Potatoes
New potatoes are naturally sweet, so they need no more than a light toss in melted butter and a handful of herbs.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- Coarse salt
- 4 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 1/2 ounces (5 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 3 tablespoons salt, stirring to dissolve. Pierce each potato 3 times with a skewer, add to water, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, and return potatoes to pot. Set over low heat, shaking pan often, for 2 minutes to dry out, then let cool.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in butter. Sprinkle with chives, and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.