Fruit and Prosciutto
This classic no-cook appetizer is a simple yet elegant summer offering that can be varied using whichever fruits are ripe and tempting at the market. When preparing the melon, use a wooden spoon to remove the seeds; it is much gentler on the tender flesh than metal.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 mango
- 2 peaches
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- Using a large chef's knife, cut the melon in half. With a wooden spoon, remove the melon seeds from each half and discard. Cut each melon half into eight equal pieces. With a paring knife, remove the rind from each slice. Set aside.
- Hold the mango upright on a cutting surface. Using a chef's knife, cut away the flesh on both sides of the pit. Carefully peel each mango half. Cut each half widthwise into eight equal pieces. Set aside.
- Using a cool, damp cloth, gently wipe the fuzz away from each peach. With a paring knife, cut each peach in half lengthwise, and remove the pit. Cut each peach half into four equal slices. Set aside.
- Divide the fruits equally among four plates. Season with salt. Top each plate with two pieces of prosciutto, covering the fruit. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a wedge of lime. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.