Spiced Pan-Seared Salmon
Pan-searing the fillets ensures the skin crisps beautifully, creating a delicious contrast to the silken flesh.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 wild salmon fillets (each about 6 ounces and 1 3/4 inches thick), skin on, rinsed and patted dry
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of ground, cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Sprinkle both sides of each salmon fillet with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cinnamon.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp, browned, and releases easily from pan, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip salmon, and cook to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.