Sweetened Summer Berries
Martha Stewart Living, June 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 pounds mixed berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, and hulled sliced strawberries (about 4 cups total)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat sugar and 2/3 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute. Add berries and lemon juice; cook, stirring very gently, until berries begin to release their juices, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer berries to a medium bowl; set aside. Continue to cook liquid until it has been reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Gently fold liquid into berries. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Divide berries and syrup among 4 serving bowls.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.