Serve this lively dip with tortilla chips or on top of chili (try it with Chili con Carne. If you want to make it a day ahead, be sure to press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole.
Martha Stewart Living, January 2002
- 6 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (with seeds if desired)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- Halve avocados, and remove pits. Score flesh into cubes with a small sharp knife, and scrape into a bowl. Stir in lime juice, lemon juice, tomatoes, onion, chile, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.