In the 17th century, employees of the British East India Company discovered punch, a beguiling combination of spirits, water, lemon, sugar, and spices that became synonymous with good cheer and festive celebrations all over Europe. Here, pomegranate and lemon sharpen the sunny New World flavor of cranberries.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 2 cups chilled pomegranate juice
- 1 cup chilled cranberry juice
- 8 ounces (1 cup) vodka
- 8 ounces (1 cup) Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup chilled club soda
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 6 lemons)
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/283904/simple-syrup)
- Combine pomegranate and cranberry juice, vodka,
Cointreau, club soda, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a
punch bowl. Fill glasses with cranberries frozen in ice cubes,
and serve. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.