Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry
Photography: Jean Cazals
Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/4 cup), plus dark-green parts, thinly sliced lengthwise, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes. Add pepper, salt, and sugar; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Stir in scallions. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with more scallions, and serve with lime wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.