- Vegetable oil, for bowl
- 1 store-bought frozen bread dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a large bowl. Add dough to bowl; cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let rise until doubled in volume, about 2 hours (or according to package instructions).
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Cut dough into 25 strips (1/2 inch thick each), keeping them covered with plastic wrap as you work to prevent them from drying out. Using your hands, roll into thin rods (15 to 18 inches long each).
- Transfer rods to parchment-lined baking sheets. Roll 3 to 4 inches of one end of each rod into a loose spiral.
- Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Brush each breadstick with egg mixture; sprinkle half of the breadsticks with sesame seeds and the other half with poppy seeds.
- Bake breadsticks until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Breadsticks can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.