Rice Pilaf with Thyme
Mix up your routine by trying this tasty update on rice pilaf.
Everyday Food, October 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, 8 to 9 minutes. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and thyme.
- Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook until rice is just tender, 15 to 17 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.