Olives with Fennel Seeds and Orange
For a fun and festive present, try this great recipe from "Martha Stewart Holiday Handmade Gifts," 2006.
Also try: Cerignola Olives with Hot Pepper and Rosemary Oil
The Martha Stewart Show, December Holiday 2006
- 2 cups assorted brined olives, such as Gaeta, Kalamata, and Nicoise, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for filling jars
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- Four strips (4 inches) orange zest
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Transfer to jars. Fill jars with remaining oil. Refrigerate immediately for at least 8 hours and up to 2 weeks. Drain before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.